Blog Background

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wedding Shower

*Warning* Picture heavy post... read at your own risk... *Warning*

So a little while ago my mom and I threw a bridal shower for my sister... she just got married this past weekend (more on that in another post).   But I made some fun gifts for her for the shower.  I was bummed as I looked through my pictures, I forgot to take a picture of the awesome wreath I had made for her house.  (a grapevine wreath with red berries, sheer blue ribbon, gingham green fabric strips and a white distressed letter S for her soon-to-be new last name... oh well.)

*Update*-my sister took a picture for me of the wreath I made for her...


Now let me explain really quickly... my sister just bought a house...in the country... and had decorated her cute house in "primitive country" style.  Her house colors are cranberry, navy and evergreen.  So, the theme of the party was country primitive country kitchen...

Here are the party invitations I made:
I embossed the red oval with d'vine swirls embossing folder; distressed the star with timber brown staz on ink, and added faux stitching around the navy layer.


Here is the Pinterest inspired oven mitt with utensils:
Here is a link to the original idea: The Art & Soul of Baking

I made this fun kitchen towel/dish towel cake: 
Inspired from diaper cakes

I had this adorable cake made and ordered it at Sam's Club:



Here are some fruit arrangements that I created to add excitement to the food:


I used my Cricut to cut out primitive style stars (beyond birthdays cartridge) and used bamboo skewers to stack the cheese bites:
 I also used my Cricut to cut out tags (Plantin Schoolbook) for the Mason jars to hold the utensils.  I tied the tags with natural twine:

Here's a picture displaying most of the goodies:
(I also carved a mini watermelon to make a bowl to hold more fruit)

Last, but not least, I created a scratch off game as one of the events of the party.  Here is a picture of the cards before I created them.  It was the "Ring Bling" game.  All of the pictures have something to do with rings/ringing:
Here's the after they were lovingly mangled scratched off...
Here is an awesome tutorial I followed for these scratchers.
Thanks for hanging in there reading my post.  Go take a break after all this reading! :)

Keep crafty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I would love to know what you think!