Blog Background

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Blue Squares


Throw size appx. 38" x 54"

I thought I'd share with you a cute little quilt I made and finished the other day.  I took me just a few days to get all the pieces cut and sewn together.  It took me a bit longer to quilt it because I outlined all the large squares inside and outside of the seam.  I did the echo quilting and tied off each square.

Around the little "dancing" squares I just followed around the outside and stitched in the ditch.  On the border I straight line stitched four lines on each side and they intersected in the corners.

My little one had claimed this quilt as his.  I'm thinking he needs a quilt for his bed now.  Hmm...

I used (an older) but absolute favorite line of fabric- "Spa" by Deb Strain for Moda.  Love it!!!  My favorite color combination is blue and yellow (add white and grey and you have a winner).  This fits the bill perfectly.
Over the front railing on the porch 

I used a pattern I bought at my LQS.  The pattern is called "Square Dance" by Gigi's Thimble.  I love how easily this went together.  This should have been my beginner quilt.  Oh well, I shoot for the stars instead of the moon. ;)


Over the bench I refinished (with my little one's baseball glove and my hubby's cleaning brush). Just think of the extras as added character. :)
Enjoy your day!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I would love to know what you think!