Blog Background

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where.... are you?

Hello long lost friends!

Well.... maybe I'm the long lost friend.  We have been house shopping, buying, and then fixing-up since May.  Crazy times around our house.  Love it.

Let me just share a few little quick pictures of some house things.  No time for major share tonight.  :)

Did you know that you can paint tub tile in your bathroom?  I found out earlier this summer and made that a project of mine to fix in our new house.  This was awesome, labor intensive, major pain, totally worth it for the end result. :)  We started out with the "1970's gold/yellow" tile in the front bathroom.  Ugh! Seeing as how I wasn't even around for the first time of this wonderful hideous color, I wasn't a fan.  So a trip to the hardware store for a can of Tub and Tile Refinishing Paint was in order.  It wasn't that hard; but took all of an afternoon, and some wicked fumes later we have pretty and crisp white tub tile..  Take a look!

Before... 1970's golden tile...
Partway around the tub-first coat of paint

Finished!  Nearly 3 coats of paint in most places

Just so you can compare- in all it's new crisp, clean glory :)


That's what we've been up to around here.  I"ll try and check back more with updates about how we've made updates and improvements.  It's a work in progress.  We've been moved in about a week and a half, and I already have curtains up (we installed faux wood blinds the night before we moved in)!  Yeah me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I would love to know what you think!