Blog Background

Monday, December 31, 2012

American Girl Doll Quilts

Hello!

While I've been absent, I've been quite busy!  I know you have been too. 

For Christmas gifts for my nieces I made American Girl Doll Quilts.  They are large enough to fit the dolls, but also make a great wall hanging for each of their rooms if they choose.

I will show you the first quilt today, and the second one tomorrow.

The first quilt is for my oldest niece.  Her doll is "Kit" from the Great Depression era.  She looks very much like my niece, so that doll is perfect for her!  I did a little "research" into the quilts of that era.  Lots of pastels and different patterns like Grandmother's Flower Garden (hexes), Dresden plates, Bethlehem stars, and the string block.

Ultimately, I chose the Grandmother's Flower Garden  and the string block.  I enjoyed making the hexes and making the string block patterns. 

Wanna see?

Front of the blanket with the Flower Garden design and two borders



Close up of free-motion quilting with spirals in each flower hexie

Close up of the back of the quilt.  String block pattern.

Back of the quilt
Hope you enjoyed!  I trated myself to a Craftsy class: Free Motion Quilting A sampler with Leah Day in order to learn the quilting.  This was my first attempt at FMQ.  I was a bit nervous, but I it love how it turned out!

My nice was quite happy as well. :)

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I would love to know what you think!