Blog Background

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

American Flag Rag Quilt

Hello again!

I made this awesome quilt for my sister for Christmas.  I am lovin' this thing!

I really had tons of fun sewing this together and getting it figured out.  I went looking for US Falg dimensions, but the official design only give ratios.  So I had to figure out the flag dimensions based on how big I wanted it to be.

I is about a 4ft by 6 ft flag design.  I used corduroy for the front flag design.  The middle is a flannel later and the back is a cotton patriotic stars design.

The front I appliqued the stars on the front.  I used my Cricut machine to cut out the star shape and then cut it from corduroy and appliqued it on the front.  I also used the same star template and did a blue outline on the opposite stars.




I love it, and my sister and her hubby seemed to really enjoy it!

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I would love to know what you think!