Blog Background

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sponge Bob Cake

Hello again!

I've made another cake at the end of the summer for a friend's son.  His favorite character is Sponge Bob and he Really loves the snail, Gary.  I really wanted to be able to add both of them to the cake.

Here are some pictures from the cake as I had made it.

Here is sponge bob and a a faux-wood sign that is supposed to look like drift wood
Gary the snail

I made a ton of coral, tubers, stars and seaweed pieces, and I forgot to take a picture of the tray as they were drying.

I made a pineapple for the top of the cake.  I made the base from rice krispies and covered it in fondant.  I made lines in the pineapple with a tracing wheel too and then I used food coloring and painted the lines and dots and smudged it a bit.  I then added some pineapple tops.

side of the cake


my friend sent this picture to me when she added Sponge Bob at home. 
I found a super great tutorial for Sponge Bob and the wood sign here.

Have a great day!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I would love to know what you think!